View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #26
ApS

Question Jacuzzi—A Relic of the Past?

The pump/tank combo from the 1993 re-do is labeled "Jacuzzi". It's a standard US-made iron pump with a ½-horsepower rating. The tank itself is attached to the pump, and only as big as a bread basket. After twenty years, it still looks new.

Google can't supply me with what the "Jacuzzi" looks like, but it's similar to this image:

There may be little choice today, except to buy a pump made in China.

The previous pump was a "tankless" Gould, which was about the size of a soccer ball. I liked it for its "instant-on-full-pressure" feature, but don't know what became of it.

Now that I think of it, I have five electric water pumps. (And just sold a gas-driven water pump). What I've learned from experience is that the pressure-sensor should be US-made. In other locations, I've purchased new pump/tank combos for as little as $35. (Stainless steel housings!) The pumps worked OK, but the pressure sensors were a foreign design, and not reliable from day-one. (And not Chinese).

The tank should be drained down for the winter, and it self-pressurizes itself when primed and plugged in. The supplied hose bib near the bottom of the tank makes it easy, but I should have located the valve where I could reach it!

I'll take a photo.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: