View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
polarisman14

The Chrysler motor has a random misfire (or so it seems). It will start and run quite easily but will quickly (if not immediately) foul a plug or develop some sort of intermittent issue. If you can get it in gear you can go WOT and it bogs down and is very low on power, if it doesn't stall intermittently. I'm convinced it is something simple and easy--poor connection on a wire or intermittent short somewhere in the system.

Buying the carb rebuild kit and fuel pump diaphragm/gasket kit was more for routine maintenance than anything, to get them crossed off the list.

The boat isn't anything special--just a 1972 Chrysler Cadet. It's a 13'7" boat which came from the manufacturer with the 35hp Chrysler outboard and matched trailer. The trailer I have for it now is a galvanized Sears trailer and the outboard, though not the matching one (I think) is the same kind, year, and size as is correct for that period.

I'll be pulling the controls and motor off of the boat eventually for my wooden boat project and will hopefully be able to find someone who wants to pick it up and give it a good home as a small fishing boat. I've grown quite fond of it but not enough to do a full restoration instead of my plywood boat!

To Tow: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
To Float: 1977 MFG Gypsy Star 17 O/B
polarisman14 is offline   Reply With Quote