View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #194
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsationdave View Post
Well the winds took out my dock today and many more along weirs blvd looking for a dock to rent docks will be repaired months from now if that. Thanks pbff For you offer to help. Most likely rent a dock for now I was watching the ice today wow it does some serious damage
Sorry to hear you confirm what I thought I saw yesterday.
Not sure about this season but last year they were renting out seasonal slips at Christmas Island Motel. I could try and find out some details if you want.

From the north end of Paugus it looks clear but that's not really the case. These pictures are from the Margate property and you can see lots of ice creeping on shore. Looks like the same places hurt last year are getting it again. Hopefully there's no wind in that cove today.
AC2717...so far you guys are fine, but you're living on the edge.

First 2 pictures are looking just to the east of the Margate going up Weirs Blvd. The third is The Margate docks. They already have damage and are in serious danger since the ice snapped a prop on one of the aerators overnight.
The last picture is looking south at the ice area. Yes, that beautiful dark spot is the returning loon. One end is heaven, the other not so nice.
Attached Images

PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post: