Thread: Jet Ski Lifts
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko1 View Post
I recently purchased a home on Mark Island and plan on purchasing a couple of jet skis this spring. I have done some research on lifts and I am now thoroughly confused. I originally was going to purchase a couple of manual crank up lifts (Hewitt - about $1300 a piece) but was told by the previous owner that he had these at one point and if not readjusted as the water level changes combined with some rough wakes due to the boat traffic - you can lose your skis. Since I won't be up every weekend, I don't want to deal with having to move or adjust and potentially forget to do. Several people have recommend the Sunstream hydraulic lifts. Everyone seems to have positive things to say but they are $4500 a piece new. Finally, I am wondering if some 8 foot Monarch mooring whips ($399 per set) would do the job and protect the skis from weather and boat wakes.

Not looking to go cheap but spending $10,000 on lifts feels crazy to me but I want to make sure I listen to others and don't learn the hard way! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum Marc. Did you call Watermark to see if they have any used Sunstreams? Last fall they had a few, around $2500 each.

Since I know the house "rather" well, I know that the drive on ports will be a waste of money there. You could try leaving them on the moorings and hope that Marine Patrol doesn't bother you. A neighbor 2 houses down keeps a Sea Doo on a mooring all season in the cove.

You could always simply 4 way tie them (with snubbers) in an inside slip since you only have 1 boat at this time.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote