Thread: Lavinia's
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #66
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Lady View Post
The point to be taken from the article is that Mr. McGuff has experience in restaurants from California to Connecticut. Mr Weiss claims that Mr McGuff just graduated from culinary school and lacks experience.
I never agreed with the first time poster is not allowed to have a negative 1st post theory, but really (I'm gonna be that guy in this case) ..... your first 8 posts are all from today, and 5 are on this subject. Your affiliation with the (ex / current ?) Lavinias folks is what exactly? That one exists is pretty much obvious. If I am wrong then you need to lighten up - you read way too much into things and are overly sensitive.

I liked Lavinias, but I think it's questionable to have a 'Drink the Bar Dry' promotion, as you link to in your article, as that sends the wrong message - come drink all the booze you can as we are doing renovations (booze doesn't have a shelf life in their location for some reason?).

I'll join the club that Eric was a tad bit uncouth with his original post, but I don't doubt his intent - I liken it to somthing like a master plumber - just because you graduated from a trade school does not make you an expert, you have to earn that. Eric obviously feels strongly enough about his qualifications that he seeked to educate us (albeit in a quasi-questionable fashion), but the intent of being educational is obvious to me.

I loved the William Tell Inn, and I loved the old Lavinias, I hope the new Lavinias has a great run as well. Went to Woodlands once for dinner and once for apps and drinks, and walked away happy both times. Not overly wowed, but happy that a place like that is half a mile from me and gives me an Ellacoya alternative - it's different and a solid value that is also right next door.

Let this thread die already.....the guy didn't have ill intentions, take him at his word and move on.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bigstan For This Useful Post: