View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #134
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
I never really questioned the "wasting water" phrase as a kid but as an adult I have come to look at that phrase the same way I do "you'll catch a cold if you go outside without a jacket " or "Don't go swimming after you eat or you'll get a cramp and drown", both myths. I wonder how running your faucet is really wasting water? You pay for it and it ends up back in your faucet eventually. We have no less or no more water on this planet than we did 100 years ago and there's very little difference of water content since the oceans were formed.
Truth is we abuse the natural "water cycle" with plastics and other environmental waste, that slows the cycle. Some day we will pay if bad habits don't change.
You may be wasting money when you let the water run, but the water isn't gone forever.
I'm not questioning the idea of conserving and preserving water, I'm questioning the old phrase "wasting".
If you have your own septic system as opposed to town water/waste not sure how that's recycled. Mine goes from the tap to the holding tank then out into the leaching field.....Recycle? How???
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote