Thread: Mighty Mo
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
sum-r breeze

Unhappy I agree with Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Camper View Post
Mighty Mo could always be counted on to warn boaters when a storm was coming. And we took his warnings seriously. His radio call of "Attention all boaters on Winnipesaukee ........" always caught our attention.

When we got stranded at a friend's island dock a few years ago, I called him on the radio for the tow boat number, not knowing if we would be able to get going under our own power. (We were able to use the radio, just couldn't start the boat). He provided the number and asked if we needed anything. I advised him that we would be staying the night and figuring out what was wrong in the morning as it was getting dark. He called us on the radio the next morning to see if we were okay and again, to ask if we needed anything. I've never forgotten his kindness and reassuring voice.

I'm sure he assisted many a boater on Winni and he will be missed by all.

Sue
We have been on the receiving end of the warnings from Mo and motored back ahead of some pretty nasty thunderstorms. He was always ready to help anyone who was in need. The VHS will be kind of quiet without him and he will definitely be missed. Water Camper kind of introduced us to him around 1995 and we always checked up on him during the boating season. He was a great guy with a funny sense of humor and loved the job he volunteered to do. Rest in peace old friend.... Summer Breeze is going to miss you

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote