Thread: Is it Just me ?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
This past Holiday weekend I think I saw more boats in the 3 day span passing on the wrong side of Markers than I have seen collectively all Season !!

To head off the obvious, these were NOT Labor Day rentals and being a veteran I know there are a lot of "local knowledge" markers.

What I witnessed made me cringe. I actually waited and watched most because I figured I would have to lend assistance (happily not). I am talking about some significantly sized vessels (28-34ft).

Given some of the shortcuts taken, if they try that again in about 2 weeks there will be some serious regrets.

Which brings me to a question for the Forum;
I was always under the impression that the entire area to the NW side of Eagle (side opposite the NWZ) is littered with numerous rocks and that the markers form a "perimeter" (similar to the witches) leaving the only "safe passage" being between FL#44 (Red Top) and the adjacent black top on the Pitchwood side. True or untrue ?

In addition to my comments above -This is another area that I consistently see boats "splitting" the markers and cutting Eagle Isl. a little too close in my humble opinion.

I've seen it often this year as well.

That area by Eagle has plenty of clear paths. Look at google earth and you can see that the rocks are spread out. That said, I wouldn't risk going through there...
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote