View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #27
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Can't you guys come up with any better excuses than to blame George Bush? Man, it's been 5 years since he's been gone, and your president still takes no responsibility for anything. The media lynched Bush over high gas prices, but they say nothing about Mr. O. God I cannot wait until 2016....
Whoa... time out. I'm not blaming anybody for anything. I guess that the point of my post, in response to that made by SAMIAM, was lost on you. Here was the intended point: gas prices go up and down. It doesn't matter who the president is or of what party affiliation. The president has very little ability to actually control what happens with gas prices, despite what those on either side of the political spectrum might have you believe. If the president actually had this ability, you would see prices go down before every election. Look what happened before the election last year. Blaming George Bush for high gas prices in 2008 is as dumb as blaming Barack Obama for higher gas prices now.

P.S. For everyone who's an American citizen, the president is not "yours" or "mine," but "ours," for better or worse, no matter who holds the office.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: