View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #49
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
This issue is complex. The reason no one will give straight answers, is because there isn't one defined by law nor has a clause ever been specifically put into a legal insurance agreement.

Now this surprises me because I know many airplane pilots whom carry insurance, and don't own planes. The Aviation industry worked with the insurance industry, and created a policy to to fit this issue of pilots who don't own planes but rent one to use every once in a while.

The problem is the Marine industry has never fixed this issue... There most likely is a problem with renting a boat, and getting into a serious accident. Because the Marina's insurance company isn't going to want to pay, your insurance isn't going to want to pay to replace something you don't know anyways....

Bottom line is their may be a loop hole here.......
I don't think the issue is as complex as you think. The amount of liability insurance carried is very straightforward. Further, it it is much cheaper to carry $25,000 of liability insurance per accident than it is to carry $1,000,000.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote