View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #57
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

A huge shocker these guys are tied to and involved with radical Islamic terrorist organisations as if that was ever really in doubt from the moment this happened, but I'll digress from the "obvious" and move on.

This is a really tough call in measuring the response of law enforcement versus the rights of the people. The feds, local and state LEO's are all sworn to protect the public and there is no doubt the public needed protection from these two guys. At the same time the people have rights to. I think any prudent thinking individual would deduce that the situation warranted the response. Nobody knew what these two were capable of, what if any assistance they may have had, things were developing quickly and these guys were on the run so a very dynamic situation to say the least. However make no mistake about it, clearly they had no regard for human life and in a densely populated urban environment there isn't a whole lot of options other than take these guys down asap with deadly force or more innocent people could pay the ultimate price. If they hadn't come in with overwhelming force and additional people were killed I think there would have been hell to pay, at the same time I think some are giving them hell for over doing it and that's not fair. Well the way I look at it, in a situation like this rather see to much than not enough. One final thought, there is a BIG difference between the man hunt for these guys and potential constitutional rights of the people being violated versus the same thing occurring without any just cause or due process. So kudos the all the LEO's involved in taking these guys down, they did a great job.

The media on the other hand big fat zero in my book, they all failed miserably to accurately report the hard news.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: