View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default New modems

I called Belmont and they say the old modems are fine?????

I have had problems with Metrocast from day one. I had pixeling on digital channels and at times the TV will display no or low signal. As for internet I should be able to stream video. Some nights my blu ray will say I need more bandwidth and some nights it works perfect.

On most phone calls the help desk usually tries to solve the problem over the phone or tells you to swap the router at the Belmont location. What does the router have to do with the TV signal?

One time a technician came to the house and determine the signal was too weak. He replace the cable from the box on the house to the splitter in the house. The test was positive and there was plenty of signal. Not long after he left I started to have the same problems. After numerous phone calls trying to solve the problems on the phone, they sent another technician to the house. The technician notice a weak signal at the outside box. He says the underground cable needs to be upgraded from the box to the pole. They are not responsible for that and suggested the association replace it. Of course the association says nada.

Anyway, I will bring the router in and request a new one.