View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #44
BernerGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Really? Come on now...that's not fair. No matter how you slice it, $11 for 2 domestic beers is a bit strong. I'm sure they know what the the winter market will bear...it's their business to know that. But why take a sarcastic poke at the poster?
And who is to say what someone can or cannot afford? That is not the issue at all. They might be able to afford $100 for a beer. It does not make it a good price.
Who ever said it was two domestics? The original post stated a Miller Lite and a draft. The draft could have been a Guinness or a Stella Artois. Even if it were a domestic, it could have been a Boulevard Tank 7 which costs a restaurant $89 for a 1/6 barrel (just over 5 gallons). Easily can be sold for $8 for 12 ounces. Another question is was the draft 12, 16, or 20 ounces. This also changes the price. I don't know what Garwoods has for beer or what it pays for rent, but that also factors into price. In no way am I defending high beer prices, but we need all the facts before jumping on Garwoods. I really enjoy the place, but I don't drink alcohol.
BernerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BernerGuy For This Useful Post: