Thread: AT&T Or Verizon
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
no-engine

Default Cell service

I hesitated so much, but having had VZW for dozen or so years, 3-4 years ago, I wanted iPhone for many reasons. AT&T was exclusive. I gambled that signals for telephone would improve, and they have. I am still with AT&T but now have iPhone 4S.
I have watched signal bars as I drive around Lake. Alton to Gilford is not good, but elsewhere, signals are decent. Meredith - Laconia is fine. Center Harbor areas are spotty. Wolfeboro is good. Towers are top of Belknap Mountain and inside the lighthouse up on Meredith Bay Community, making for better service at northern areas.

As another post said the phones are different based on carrier. The adds are correct: AT&T iPhone allows talk and internet at same time; not true with a Verizon iPhone. Different technology.

I discovered that AT&T offers 10% discount off the data plan for any current or former military; must fax off your DD form. Helps me!

Some carrier stores offer money back in a certain time limit for you to try. Take advantage. Either carrier will have different dead spots....
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote