Thread: AT&T Or Verizon
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,064 Posts
Default Customer service

Customer service can vary from customer to customer, some having great service with a company and others having lousy service.

That being said, I was with AT&T for over 10 years, with a customer discount because the retailer I worked for sold ATT service and phones. They were after me for over three years to upgrade, at least one mailing per month, from my old reliable analog Nokia phone. Finally, they told me that I would not be able to use my phone after xx-xx-xx date. So, I called the number referenced in the letter, to upgrade to a new phone.

My retailer was in Rochester NH, I lived in Alton Bay. Nothing changed from the time I was signed up by the ATT rep to the day I made the call. The Customer Service Rep, after asking me for my cell # and looking up my account, asked how she could help me. I told her about the letter and said I guess I need to upgrade. She agreed, looked at my zip code, and said unfortunately you do not qualify for service with ATT, you do not live in our service area. I explained how I came to get service, and that nothing had changed, and she said it did not matter. Not wanting to shoot the messenger, who was actually very nice, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I finally got one, who could have taken a lesson from his subordinate, and told me flatly that there was no way to get coverage with ATT unless I moved to an area they covered.

That is how I got onto Verizon. No problems at all with Verizon customer service. No problems with service north of the Lakes Region.

I guess my feeling is that ATT is a better deal financially, if the package rates are the same, and coverage is the same, then go with ATT. I just hope that if you need customer service, you have better luck than I did.

Good luck which ever way you go.