View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Overlake97

Default Thanks for all the quick responses!

To answer Codeman's questions:

Q: What is your annual gallon usage of oil? A: About 1300 to 1400 gallons.

Q: Do you currently have a zone valve or individual circulators? A: I think they're individual. How could I tell?

Q: How is your electric bill per month? A: We run about $150/month, but when the A/C goes on (June, July, Aug) it jumps to about $300.

To respond to Songkrai: I appreciate your wondering "why anyone would want to do this," because that's what we're trying to decide. We expect to have above ground tanks (not buried. We already have one small one for a propane fireplace [propane cost = $80/year, so far]), and install a high-efficiency system, which requires wall venting, as you noted. If we had to "dig up the yard" we probably would not do the conversion; and regarding tank rental cost, one Propane supplier said they don't charge for the tanks at all, they just let us "use them." We do have air ducts, but for A/C, not heating (which is forced hot water). We'd also like to use the propane for cooking and for a second fireplace.

To Broadhopper: I will give "Jeff" a call; his company is right in my backyard. Thanks!
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote