View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_guy64 View Post
If you want to sled in Maine, drive your trailer over and hit the good trails away from the border that weekend. Last year, the Maine border clubs didn't groom as a silent boycott to the weekend. The Maine sledders that came to NH were treated to pristine conditions with the Northern clubs grooming extra to keep the trails in as good of shape as possible. Too bad the Maine clubs didn't do the same.

Hopefully, we'll have snow in the lakes region this year and we can showcase the awesome local trails.
I seriously doubt that is correct. First of all there is an obligation to all snowmobilers, second why would Maine do that when it would be a chance to pull more riders into the state.
I think who ever told you this was making it up. And for what it is worth the info I got was from one person who owns in Clarksville, is that the NH side was just as bad as the Maine side.
If you think about it it does make total sense, there are only 3 trails crossing the border into Maine, one near Pittsburg, one near Berlin and one further south. Trails that almost never get used are now all the sudden going to be flooded with riders going in both directions, not to mention that there was very little snow to work with last year.