View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #17
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
APS - What everyone is getting at and my concern was that an Infrared Heater is much more efficient at heating your personal body and objects within a room and not necessarily the "core" room temperature. I wanted a heater that brings up the room temp and is reflected in this by the thermostat in the room, I don't believe the infrared is the best choice for my needs. I currently use the oil filled type and was just shopping around for anything better. I'm going to look at ceramic with a fan that can blow the warm air, mine also doesn't do that.
These past few chilly days, I've been using an infrared heater outdoors on the front porch. It'll heat a row of people, but you may have to play with the seating to get everybody to their accustomed "core" temperature.

Even against the wind, there's an odor of rubber in the air, and my shoes seem to be getting hotter and softer!

If you really need a "forced air" heater, try the 1300 watts of a "dairy heater". This example doesn't have a thermostat like mine, but they're built along the same lines. Of the two that I have, the Peloris is far more substantial in build quality. (It's really heavy). In a moderately-sized room, you'll probably have to turn it down.

I've never used the 1500-watt setting that Peloris provided.

Can you tell how many seasons this cottage was built for?
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote