Thread: Canoe
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
when suddenly I heard the person behind the counter announce to us that our table would be available to us until 7:30PM.

however....throughout our meal I watched a parade of Canoe people walking past each party in the upper dining room looking at each table as if to say " hurry up!" The table bussing people were literally falling over one another as they removed plates as each guest in our party completed their meal thus subjecting ever increasing pressure on those who had yet to finish eating.

All five guests in our party noticed and were adversely impacted by this "hurry up" atmosphere.

Has this happened to anyone else at the forum during a peak meal period at the Canoe or elsewhere? Has anyone been given a time period for table availability especially from a restaurant that will not take a reservation?
All of those things that you describe have happened to my brother-in-law and his wife on two (possibly three) separate occasions. The only reason he has allowed that to happen after the first time is that other folks urged him and his wife to join them. I don't think his wife will ever go back.

I have never experienced this, but that's probably because I haven't been to Canoe in years.

But seriously...a sign warning of substandard service? I think I would've turned around at that point and gone somewhere else. That feels like they're telling me they don't want my business.
Sponsored Links