View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Like every infrared heater, you do have to be situated generally in front of the direction it's pointed.

Quartz infrared heaters don't offer any savings advantage over others that are powered by electricity. When the thermostat is set lower, they tend to startle the user, as they "engage" with a sudden rattle.

A few years ago, I considered mounting my Honeywell quartz infrared heater on our cathedral ceiling, where its coverage would extend to a much wider area. However, I couldn't find any site that would offer an opinion if the quartz infrared heater could be safely mounted other than vertically.
I could be wrong but don't most of them come with a switch that shuts then down if they are tipped over? Might be just the coil type I'm thinking of.

I thought of this after I'd posted earlier. A builder and myself were working on a job late in the season and we had some of the mentioned heaters.
They did almost nothing to take the chill out of the air, the builder invested in some electric heaters and they worked much better.
I'd say worst case get one and try it out, heck you can return anything to Walmart and they sell them.