View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #33
tom-sr230

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy l View Post
Thanks for all the input . The reason I ask is ive been going to paugus bay campground for years . Last year we upgraded our boat to a 23' cc. They have docks @ the campground but you have to go under the RR bridge and you can only get about a 18' through the bridge. I was coming up to the campground for a few days and was wondering if i could anchor it just outside the grounds for a couple of nights so that i would not have to pull it out every night. But vaca has come & gone and thats what i ended up doing. I come to the lake alot well just come up for the alot would be nice to spend a night on the boat but the law is the law I can understand it if i owned a place i wouldnt want a group of boats partying in front of my house all night. I personally would not do that I would find a quite place out of the way and I am very respectfull as I love the lake . But we all know there are plenty of people out there that are not
Thanks
i am on the same cove as paugus bay campground and i bring my 23 foot yamaha bowrider under that bridge about 80 times a year...and i don't even have a rudder to steer...it is all jet thrust which means very little steering at low speeds ..i just bump the throttles carefully....some years at the begining of the season it is tight to get under the train bridge but maybe next trip up give it a try..it just takes practice!!!!
ps...don't forget to lower the bimini.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tom-sr230 is offline   Reply With Quote