View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default The verdict is in

My wife and I went to the restaurant (Rte 11 at the flashing light in New Durham) to find a mobbed parking lot. We were able to get seated right away (about 5:45PM). Inside is really nice. Light toned knotty pine booth areas, with suspended track lighting. Large windows. We started off with Onion Nuggets, which are like onion rings, but the small rings and solid pieces of onions. Great!

Wife had a hamburger cooked medium with fries (could have had baked potato) and cole slaw (very tasty). She says the hamburger was very good.

I had Sirloin Tips with fries and they were outstanding. Also cooked medium, and yes they were.

Had a brand new waitress (first night for the place being open, her first night). Things were a little slow, but her service was excellent. They have a beer and wine license, but we opted for unsweetened iced tea with lemon. Appetizer came out after a short wait and the meal followed again after a short wait. Our waitress came by a couple of times to make sure everything was ok before the meal came out, and thanked us for our patience. Checked in with us during the meal nicely, and got me a refill on the tea quickly.

Wife had frozen pudding ice cream in a dish (waitress suggested a "kiddie" cup if wife was pretty full....good thing!). I had Death by Chocolate (out of this world for you chocolate lovers (got a small...silly me!!!!! 3-4 scoops!!!!).

All in all, first night, a little slow but that is to be expected and is not meant to be a criticism. Service was excellent, only surpassed by the food. We have seen a few comments about the food at their Northwood location, and I'm sure this location equals it. My recommendation: a must place for a good family restaurant. Reasonably priced.

here's the takeout menu:

Last edited by upthesaukee; 06-27-2005 at 10:17 PM.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote