View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #68
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
The girls in work all drink bottled water and rather then throw them out my wife brings home trash bags of bottles as the fill up.
We buy Vitamin water; Mike’s lemonade, Sam Addams etc., here in NH and all are returned to the refund station when we go up.
We don’t do it by the thousands but generally 20-30 dollars worth at a time. There is some Maine bought beers as well. The attendant does know we bring them up from NH and has no problem with taking them because there is no law against it. It is frowned on but given the little these people make off taking in the bottles and the fact they are mixed in with thousands of Maine bottles and cans I doubt he really cares.
As far as I’m concerned if it has a stamp on it that says ME then I’m doing nothing illegal.
Another reason why I believe it should be federal and incorporated into all states, most states that have a refund also have a lot less bottles and cans along their roadways.
Sorry but what you and the redemption center are doing is 100 percent illegal. Like I said buy a bottle or can and compare it to one from NH and you'll have no problem seeing the difference. You're rationalizing but doesn't make it any less illegal.

And I'll be showing this to the proper agency so they can spot check
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote