View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
white mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandRadio View Post
I'm wondering if there is some way I could report this. It was only him and me - no other witnesses to the crime.
It may be too late now, but....

If there is a littering law on the books in NH, all you have to do is call the police department and make a complaint against the offender. They will ask you to make a report, and then will proceed to enforce the law.

I had a similar experience. I was driving slowly down a rural highway and noticed someone behind me in my mirror. The passenger threw a coffee cup out the window into the ditch. I let the car pass me, got his plate number and vehicle description, and turned around to retrieve the cup. When I got home I called the police and made a complaint. The cop said the only way to bring a charge against the offender was if I agreed to appear in court as a witness. I said no problem and that I still had the cup in a zip lock bag. He sent the guy a ticket for $250. Just like a traffic ticket, if you fail to pay and want to contest, it goes to court. I never got a call, so I assume the guy paid the ticket.
white mountains is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to white mountains For This Useful Post: