Thread: Wolfeboro Inn
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #54
George Soderberg

Thank you all for trying us again and for all the positive responses we have received so far. We will never stop striving to improve and reach even greater heights. As I have been hoping for, some of you have summoned me to meet you in the Tavern after a meal and I have received phone calls as well – which I truly appreciate – all have been positive. Last night we received another comment card: “Have not been happy with the Inn since renovation. Have stayed away for quite some time. Came back to give it another chance FABULOUS!!!” As one contributor wrote, “the Tavern is back”. We hope so, we want nothing more. We won’t be perfect and we will make our share of mistakes, but we are all dedicated and committed to the success of the Tavern – especially as we approach 2012 and our 200th anniversary. Keep your eye out for events throughout the year. I will do my best to communicate them to you.

I listen to you and you have been instrumental in helping us make many positive changes here. I appreciate the comments on the salad bar. We continue to try to make improvements. We have now added 12 items you can put on the salad (just in the past 2 weeks). Your comments in this regard are all right on. We are trying to find the balance between better than what we had and not quite the IGA, which is not possible. Contact us directly and keep the feedback coming. We’ll make adjustments. Sandy Island fan our circumstances are different but I agree you salad bar sounds terrific!

I will be taking some time off around Christmas so I won’t be on line until 2012. There are a few things I would like to communicate to you however. The Inn & Tavern adopted two needy families this Christmas. All of our employees contributed to the Christmas fund which included 9 children. Many of our regular patrons wanted to contribute as well and the money we raised not only bought the necessities they asked for (mostly clothing) but allowed us to buy them toys as well. If any of you were a contributor, we just want to say thank you and to let you know how successful it was. In 2012, we will be creating a volunteer team at the Inn and Wolfe’s Tavern called the “Wolfe Pack”. The Wolfe Pack is dedicated to Community, Service and Integrity. We will donate our time to help the most needy in the community on a quarterly basis. We are already committed to participate in the local food pantry in May and looking for other suggestions.
We have also decided to extend our food service hours on New Year’s Eve to Midnight. If you find yourself wanting to go someplace at a later hour we’re open. It’s all hands on deck so I will here and hope to meet some of you if your plans allow.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you from all of us! We look forward to earning and holding your trust and confidence in 2012!
George Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to George Soderberg For This Useful Post: