View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
songkrai

I was at Lowe's or Home Depot a few years back viewing appliances.

The appliance lady was on the phone to some distributor/wholesaler of appliances.

It seems that someone from Bristol purchased new a GE washer and dryer set within the last 12 months. One of the GE appliances had a problem. Warranty work needed. BUT:

There was no company or repair person available for GE appliances that would travel to Bristol. This was warranty work and the repair place had to be an authorized GE repair company/person. None went to Bristol area.

I heard part of the conversation then I asked the sales lady and she told me that the only solution was to have the Lowe's/Home Depot go to Bristol and pick up the machine and replace it with a new one. But she did not have the authority to authorize this. I never found out the end of this story.

But it raises a good question. Make sure you understand the appliance warranty and find out who does the warranty work. There are many that can do repairs but only a few that are authorized to do warranty work.

I'd kinda stay away from any appliance manufactured overseas whether Asia or Europe.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote