View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #71
TOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
How is a kid supposed to learn how to behave in a restaurant if they are banned from going to them. Honestly, I am having a really hard time believing anyone thinks this is a good idea. If you don't want to encounter kids, stay home or eat later when they won't be there.

Kids are people, too!

And before you jump all over me, I do agree that people should not bring children anywhere (Friendly's or the Ritz) under the following circumstances:

1. The kids are cranky because they spent all day in the water and didn't get a nap.

2. After, say, 7pm no matter how happy the kids are unless it's a quick stop at Burger King out of desperation.

3. When the kids outnumber the parents more than 4-1.

I have two boys. Both are teens. They never, ever caused a problem in a restaurant and we have taken them everywhere - including the formal dinners on a cruise, but we always went early and we never went cranky.

Don't blame the kids. Blame their parents who don't really care about their kids or the people around them. It is self-centered adults who are the problem, not their poor unfortunate children.
I was being facetious....some of those noisy, out of control, obnoxious little kids are the movers, shakers, pilots, generals, CEOs, inventors, scientists etc of the future. Sometimes little milk-toast kids just don't measure up. Just saying. In my 62 years here on this planet I would say the I have had less than half a dozen meals with compromised enjoyment because of overactive kids. I can handle that...can't you?
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TOAD For This Useful Post: