View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #59
baygo

I have been anxious to chime in on this since it first came up, but when I found time to return my computer came up lame. It's fixed now so here's my view.

I introduce a similar topic when surveying the forum prior to a our soft opening at Tavern 27. My thoughts before the survey were to practice "children welcome before prime dinning hours". The forum feed-back influenced me to choose not to operate under such a policy. I am so glad that I was swayed away. We have several families that have become loyal guests. In many cases the children have had surprisingly good behavior. Some have expressed their appreciation for our food in a more colorful and articulate manner than some adults have. There are also a couple of families who come together. We seat the adults together at one table and the children at a neighboring table. The children get pizza fast followed by a Scrabble board.. while the adults enjoy a Tapas flow.

I have also had moments of regret; A party of 5 with a 2 or 3 year old boy reserved our fireplace seating area. The child came in with a ball and upon his second step thru the door stated throwing it around. Next he started to run around screaming in the company of guests who were out for a romantic evening. Then the child let out a large screech and mom started yelling. I asked them to leave

Children are our future. McDonald's built an empire by marketing with a clown and providing a playground.

Perhaps the trick is to welcome the children but have a trick up the sleeve to entertain or occupy them and a room to separate them from adult diners who prefer a child=fee environment.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: