View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #18
cillovely

Quote:
As a side note, I wish that airlines would have family friendly flights. We are a military family and we have to fly quite often. It would be so much easier if certain flights were kid friendly. Mine are pretty used to flying, but if there was a flight that offered a kid friendly movie, snacks, etc, I'd book that in a second! And every flight has the crying baby...I know, I have had the crying baby a few times!
I agree about that! I have a soon to be 4 year old and we go to Orlando Florida about once a year in the fall. Last year, my son was getting antsy wating to board so by the time I was trying to get him to our seats, he wasn't too happy. This old fart was like "put that brat in the back". I'm like what do you expect on a flight to ORLANDO!! Land of Mickey Mouse and all sorts of KIDS things. I have yet to be on a flight there or home no matter what time of day or night that wasn't packed with families. It makes me so self conscious and I feel like everyone is giving us dirty looks. If there was a family flight or better yet, since they are the minority, an old fart only flight, then it would make flying a better time. And with the movies/snacks that would be even better.

As far as going out to dinner, I would never take him anywhere that isn't family oriented and if he starts up, we leave. I think having a ban on kids is fine. I like to go out just me and hubby and don't want kids acting up around us either.
cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote