Thread: Best Pizza
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #60
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
No, according to the OWNER of this website it is OK for business owners to respond to questions from members.
You are right "VitaBene". The webmaster stated that stand alone ad’s are not permitted but replies to service questions are OK.

This below response from the webmaster is in the site support forum section and the thread name is “Soliciting threads”:

The "Errands" thread has been removed. When I spot or someone reports this kind of stand alone ad it is deleted. That kind of advertising is not allowed on the forum.

However, it is perfectly OK for contractors or other service providers to reply to questions and offer their services. If someone is looking for a plumber I would expect plumbers to reply and say "I'm great, use me". Some self-promotion is expected in replies like that and I don't consider them advertisements. Connecting contractors and customers is an important function of the Home Improvement section.

When a new member posts a question and a business replies I carefully check their IP and host information to make sure they are not the same person. That has happened a few times but is very rare.

As a general rule, contractors and other service providers should not start threads but are welcome to reply
.”
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post: