View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #88
Lucky1

Default Depends where you are in Moultonborough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Moutonborough...The most boring town in America...
Seriously if you need to commute to MA your going to be way better off on the Meredith side of the lake. Close to rt104 which gets you to exit 23 on RT93 fairly quickly. Moultonborough is a 1/2 hour ride just to get to the highway....or anywhere else. Oh and that turns into at least an hour in the Summer. Going down the hills into Meredith can take 40 minutes on some days alone.
I am near Fullers and think it is about 10 minutes to Meredith. I love Moultonborough, but think that if you go further north it would add too much to your commute. There probably are lots of good simple homes with nice views around. Center Harbor has a nice public beach where we had our Forum Fest last year. Heaths is right there and I like St Charles and Father Audett.

Does Meredith have a public beach........I am thinking that it must have one? The air is so fresh and clean, but I am just not familiar with what is available close to Center Harbor in Moultonborough that is not waterfront. Going down the neck road is a real killer so would not want to do that often.....think it is about ten miles each way? I do have good friends there who love it.

I grew up renting way up in front of what is now Suissvale down on Route 109 in Moultonborough. Suissvale wasn't there then. Simple cottages that my family rented near one that their friends had built! 100 foot waterfront lots cost 500 dollars and they built a small cottage themselves! Now it is torn down and a huge home replaced it. I miss it though. But that area is just too far from 93 etc. There are lots of nice woodsy areas and lots if you do not want waterfront I think, but the location would not work. Also the water is not as clear as it once was. So the Moultonborough near the Fullers area would still work if there is much available off the water. It would add some time to your commute but not all that much....ten minutes. I go to Hanafords and often take off for exit 20 for Home Depot or Walmart or go down to TJMaxx by taking Rte three down the lake. I am really at home at the lake and will be fine if I don't have too many health problems. I also like going off to Plymouth. Again, you will know it when you see it. Your heart will fly away!

I think you will love it at the lake. You don't have to decide now. Heck you grew up here in New Hampton? You probably know more about this area than most of us who did not live here then!! Are you lucky in life? I am a Lucky1 and love my life and my lake! You will be happy as two peas in a pod.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote