View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
YES, that's the way the "proposed" law is to be written. They are also trying to define the difference between "Lawn Care" and "Landscaper". Some are saying that "Landscaper" requires Formal Education. Don't ask me to explain it..I Can't. NB
Sounds like pretty typical liberal BS to me. It also sounds like the typical rhetoric of today's society. Nothing anymore is every and "accident" there is always someone to blame, and far be it that anyone pay for the the damages of an accident out of there pocket. Kids have been mowing lawns and shoveling snow to make a few extra bucks for years. Now it seems in RI that they want to make that 15 or 16 year kid the responsible party, if something happens. It sucks to have a rock flung from a mower into a window, or to have a slip on the ice. But it sucks more to know that little Johnny isn't going to be able to go over and help out his elderly neighbors with out having to have 100K of insurance, just in case he flings a rock into there window, or can't scrape the snow and ice down to absolute clean pavement.

On the flipside, little Johnny can figure out that if those elderly neighbors aren't home, and they have a protected window, that he can smash it climb in and grab a few things with out getting noticed.

Now I am not saying that we are breeding criminals, but what I am saying, is that this society strips more and more rights away from people, even kids... that they are creating an environment which leads to more crime. Why go out and work for 20K a year at burger king, when if your smart about it, you can steal 20K in a couple of months.

People in this country, have created the current state of society through selfishness and greed.. Hummm kind of sounds like why we separated from England over 200 years ago.... History has a way of repeating itself...

Anyways sorry to rant... I guess I am not moving to RI anytime soon, it sounds worse then Massachusetts.