View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Miracle Farms. Yeah right.....

When I first bought our house up here I was told to call them to move some big boulders and slope my property to put a longer driveway in...
A guy arrived, notebook in hand. The Wife and I stood there while he asked us what our budget was? $35,000.00-$45,000.00? I think I went into some sort of shock. But I mustered a "well you look at at and let us know." We never heard back from him. Good thing because I looked in the yellow pages and found some independent excavators. Found a guy right in Moultonborough that came up, gave me a price of $1500.00. This included moving the rocks and bringing in fill to slope the driveway. Then he even took the dirt that he had pushed and leveled out my backyard, for no charge. Let me see now. I saved a years pay by using the yellow pages.....
I brought in $500.00 more of Bluestone gravel to make a good base.
Got the driveway paved for $3500.00 by Chambers Paving out of Tilton.
So for under $6,000.00 I got my driveway totally installed.
Miracle Farms must have thought we were rich or something....
You don't think they have all those really nice new trucks because they are low priced do you....But hey maybe it's just me?
I'd call Blue Ridge. They do our neighbors yard and seem to do a really thorough job at everything.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post: