Thread: Suissevale
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Full time or one of the Summer folk? Which road. I am on Oberdorf near the Club house. You will need to get a PO Box at the post office. We do not have delivery here. They were working on getting some boxes installed at the club house. Not sure how that is going. We have a website. Suissevale.com. Register there, as they will notify you by email if there is some type of emergency, or notification of work being done in Suissevale. Speaking of which we have Board of Director meetings on certain Saturdays. We also have the annual meeting which is a great time to meet your neighbors and gain some insight as to the workings of Suissevale. We have a pretty good road crew and they keep the dirt roads very nice. Most of the paved roads are plowed.
If your house has propane we have a special price through Amerigas. If you own your own tanks, you are able to shop around for the best price. I just got filled up yesterday. $1.98 through Amerigas.
We have a lot of wildlife here as well. I have had Fox, Turkeys, Deer, Bear, Fishers, etc go through my yard most of the year. So don't leave food around outside or you will get a visit. If you have a dog, you won't see any.
It is good to know your neighbors. They will watch your house for you when you are gone. I have the keys and phone numbers to all my "Summer" Neighbors homes, just in case something happens. Storms, fire, tree damage, etc. Or you can get a property watch service, which is good to have if you are not going to be full time up here. The snow plow services are usually around $150 for ten storms to plow your driveway.
Like Vitabene said we have "The Beach" which is the biggest draw. It gets very busy, especially with "Renters" So get down there early.
We also have our own boat ramp, but you need to bring the trailer home after launching. There is States Landing just down the road for a boat launch as well. (Make sure you have your boaters license.) We have a rack to leave your kayaks or canoes at the beach, so if you have those, you don't have to lug them home each day. If you don't have a Canoe/Kayak or two....You will.
There are also two parties there on July 4th and Memorial day weekends that are very well attended.
Other than that...watch your speed in Moultonborough. The police are, how shall I say, very vigilant. I tell all my visiting friends this as well...
So have a great time, and welcome to the neighborhood.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post: