View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #35
ENR

I work at a lakes region restaurant that serves burgers, seafood, ice cream, etc. and have been reading this forum for a few years now. I've seen and heard enough things from customers to go on for days, so this post is too tempting to pass up. Here are a few stories and pet peeves:

-When you complain about the price of the food (especially seafood): Seafood is expensive and we're not just going to give it away. If you know of a place where you can get about the same amount/quality of food for less money, then why aren't you going there to eat? Eating out is a luxury, not a necessity. If you feel that you aren't able to afford the food you've ordered, then get something that's less expensive - there are always options - or cook your meals at home.
-When you say not-so-nice things under your breath thinking that I can't hear you. My hearing is excellent - I hear it ALL.
-Think you can do it better? Then open your own restaurant... just remember that it's a ridiculous amount of work. Be prepared to be the cook/janitor/electrician/plumber/accountant and then some.
-When you don't give me enough money to pay for your food. This isn't at all a problem when you make an honest mistake in counting, but when I nicely tell you that you're missing X amount of money and you stare at me blankly expecting a $20 bill to materialize? That's annoying. And reaching into the tip cup to make up the difference, as some have tried to do, isn't going to happen.
-The restaurant has been here for a while... we know what works and what doesn't. Your unsolicited business advice won't be needed.
-A little over a month ago on one of the hottest days of the summer, a woman ordered an ice cream cone and went to sit in the sun to eat it (instead of going inside with the AC). She came back 10 minutes later and requested a refund because her ice cream had begun to melt. Am I wrong in thinking that that's the nature of the beast?
-When you treat the restaurant like a gift shop and just take things. Like framed pictures, knick-knacks, and the like. Not to mention the bathroom mirror and the soap dispenser.
ENR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ENR For This Useful Post: