View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #19
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts
Default Ummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
Thanks VB for calling me out.. LOL... Actually just finished putting and extra coat of wax and polish where the scum line is. She is rarely in salt and I don't want to take chances....

Well lets see........ She gets washed every Friday before going in. Basically just a wash with marine soap, rinsed, vacuumed and I have shurhold spray shine to hit any tough spots.

Every morning (when it is in the water) I have knee pads and I wipe the dew off her (try to get down before 8am so the dew doesn't dry into water spots ) then hit the deck and rails with the spray shine. Then brush the sides by the scum line to make sure I can anything off the accumulated over night.

Every Sunday pull her out, wash the sides and the transom. I get some oil tarnish from the exhaust. This usually is soap then some type of polish on the back. She gets buttoned up under two covers and I hang Damp Rid accumulators in the cabin and the cockpit.

Repeat every weekend.

At the beginning of the year, she gets fully washed, waxed buffed, polish buffed, and spray shined top to bottom. That took over a month every Friday 6 hours for about 6 weeks until it was the way I wanted it...

So I figure I have put about 42 hours on the boat so far this season. With the amount of time cleaning the engine, inside and out I would say 3 to 1 ratio. 3 hours for every hour driving her.....

Anyone want to discuss cost of cleaning supplies??
You think if I let VB float adrift for a few hundred yards or so, you will consider adopting her?
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote