View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #36
Skip

Thumbs up Answers but a phone call away...

I want to thank the staff at the Association for taking my call and explaining their program, and satisfying my curiosity about the taking down of bow numbers when an individual voluntarily participates in the inspection.

The link I had provided earlier explains the whole program in detail, includes the actual form being used and clearly indicates in its instructions to its hosts that interaction with the public is strictly voluntary.

They are violating no Local, State or Federal law by annotating the bow number in their form, and they are not linking any address, name, dob or any other personal information on the form to the bow number.

As has been previously stated, the bow number they are using for tracking is a public number. That is why it is required by law to be prominently displayed on the bow!

It took me less than a minute doing an internet search to find the answer to every question posed in this thread.

It took me just a few minutes on the phone with a very courteous staff member to explain the allegations being made here, get clear answers to the program and be satisifed that no one's privacy was nefariously being invaded.

I just don't understand why people don't talk on the phone anymore. Whether its the Marine Patrol, local or State officials or the fine folks at the NH Lakes Association there usually is someone always available to answer your question.

Anyway, I thank the Lake Association for tackling this very serious issue and tip my hat to them for coming onboard here in an attempt to clarify their important program.....