View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #42
Sman

I agree with BI regarding his point on a NWZ keeps noise around longer and when the boat takes off it is at its noisiest, I am near one too.

The only way that I can see a NWZ reducing noise is to discourage people from going through a particular area because they don't want to slow down to get where they are going. To me that only works if there is an alternative way to get where they are going. So if a NWZ discourages traffic then maybe it would address the issue at that location and create a problem at another.

If you are anti-noise and do get the NWZ put in, instead of complaining about boat noise you might be complaining about no one slowing down like they are supposed to in the NWZ, because lots don't. And you might have the noise of the inevitable guy a few docks down that takes it upon himself to yell "Hey no wake", if you are real lucky he will blow an airhorn and yell, everytime someone breaks the rule, thats fun. Different noises but not real pleasant either. You trade one noise for another or maybe now you have both or all three!
Sman is offline   Reply With Quote