View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #31
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts
Default Join

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
I assume from above a previous posts that you are an officer in SBONH? Why not broaden SBONH's mission statement...how about SCBONH...Safe Courteous Boaters of NH...I seriously feel this would go a long way toward enhancing the people's perception of a group that many see as promoting the GFBL interests.

And speaking of officers and enhancing SBONH's reputation, sending private messages like the one my wife found so disturbing a while back will not achieve this goal. As an officer of SBONH one wants to think of character and integrity but sending that kind of nasty PM instead reflects a culture of irresponsible thuggery and immaturity that some tend to equate with the GFBL crowd. SBONH or SCBONH cannot afford to promote this image.
SOTD,

If you would like SBONH to broaden its horizons and change its mission statement, I suggest you join the organization and work towards doing so. In the meantime, you will find that if all boaters on NH lakes and seas followed the existing rules, then we would have few problems with courtesy.

Regarding PMs and the "nasty" PM that your wife took offense to: I sent it to you, not your wife. As I said before, when someone posts something that I felt to be inflammatory (like your thread that I sent the PM about), I chose to take it off the board and use the Private Message system to tell you how I felt without stirring the pot on Don's forum. You have already posted my PM to you in a previous thread, it was far from nasty.

Anyone that knows me will vouch for my character and integrity.

I have gone on the record on numerous occasions explaining that I do not own a performance boat. Some may question why I feel the way I do and write the things I do so with all due respect to Pastor Martin Niemöller:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Performance Boaters
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Performance Boater.

THEN THEY CAME for the louder (but legal) boaters,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a louder (but legal) boater.

THEN THEY CAME for the Big Cruiser boaters,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Big Cruiser Boater.

THEN THEY CAME for me (the Bowrider Boater)
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: