Thread: Which boat??
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #16
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Exclamation Four Winns Dealers -Winnisquam Marine is GREAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth
Hi all, {snip} Any thoughts on these or local dealers? {snip} Thanks!
So far no one has commented on a very important aspect of your new boat purchase, warranty and service work. What some people won't tell you is that the Lake Winnipesaukee Four Winns dealer, Melvin Village Marine, REFUSES to do warranty work and regular service work unless you purchased your boat from them. That was an unpleasant unexpected surprise for me several years ago. Thank goodness for Winnisquam Marine (and for their skill and attitude) who came to my rescue on Lake Winnipesaukee when Melvin Village Marine wouldn't even listen to the warranty problem. My boat was not purchased in NH.

I'll spare veteran forum readers from a rehash of Melvin Village Marine and their Denial of Service policy - just be forewarned. If interested, you can read my thoughts from an archived thread Skipper responds to Melvin Village Marine Supporters along with other messages (both pro and con) on that subject. I can not do business with an authorized dealership, like Melvin Village Marine, that embraces such a denial of service policy. Winnisquam Marine is the area Four Winns dealer I recommend.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase. Hope to see you on the Lake.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 02-05-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote