View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #34
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Bobbing and weaving was a general statement. What I mean is that I feel like I have it all adjusted properly, spring lines, bow and stern lines and the tension. When there is a decent chop or boat wakes the bow and stern seem to alternate getting close to the dock to the point that I move the boat to keep it from POSSIBLY hitting. The real problem here is when it is blowing and choppy, it is very difficult to unhook everything and get away from the dock without damaging something...especially alone.
Don't waste your time on me guys...I'll figure it out somehow this year. My wife just said last night "are you going to use those expensive whips I bought you 2 years ago?" You probably can figure out the answer I gave her...

BT
BT
Best guess is you do not have enough tension on the whip lines. RG does not have enough strength to properly tension. When the kids were younger they could not pull the lines either. I would estimate that we pull about 70 - 80 lbs on the lines. We are on the broads and can get some good wind and waves. Once or twice a season, we have trouble with the whips not being enough to keep the front away from the dock. We have to supplement with a line to a tree on shore.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Guy For This Useful Post: