View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #30
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
Bob and weave it might but does it crash into the dock ? We use whips but only for our PWC as there's not enough slip width to use them for the boat. The PWC bobs up 'n' down but stays away from the dock. In your case you might want to place a couple of fenders on the dock as well. Whips + fenders have to be better than fenders alone, as NB has already noted.

BTW : Did you adjust the lines to put the whips under the proper amount of pretension ?
Bobbing and weaving was a general statement. What I mean is that I feel like I have it all adjusted properly, spring lines, bow and stern lines and the tension. When there is a decent chop or boat wakes the bow and stern seem to alternate getting close to the dock to the point that I move the boat to keep it from POSSIBLY hitting. The real problem here is when it is blowing and choppy, it is very difficult to unhook everything and get away from the dock without damaging something...especially alone.
Don't waste your time on me guys...I'll figure it out somehow this year. My wife just said last night "are you going to use those expensive whips I bought you 2 years ago?" You probably can figure out the answer I gave her...

BT