View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
and that is what I just did. I sent an email to the town off their website, explaining that it is illegal to display auto placards from MA or NH (at least) on boat, and what do we use as boaters to indicate our need for handicap access docking.

If I get a reply, I will post it here.

As to whether the town should provide a lift...one step at a time. However, ADA can get pretty tough, and if you set up handicap access, you may need to provide equipment to be totally compliant. Railroads, for instance, have lifts at stations where the platform does not allow for same level entry from platform to train. Not saying Wolfeboro has to make these allowances, but it may have to if push came to shove with the ADA.
ADA requirement? Nope. Just like a personal auto, the lift mechanism and adapted vehicle is the obligation of the vehicle owner. A lift is not the obligation of the town.

There's a point where you have personal responsibility. Why not ask the town to make the docks have "people movers" like at airports to get you to the parking lot? When will it end?

If you are going to ride around in a boat, it's your obligation to be able to get into and out of the thing. I think handicapped boat spots are ridiculus and yet another excuse for abuse.

Go to Duke University basketball games and they have an ENTIRE parking lot for handicapped parking. It's quite a walk into Cameron Indoor stadium even from that lot and yet they all seem to manage to get to their seats (with fairly steep steps) without any problems

And how many people do you know where they use their parents or grandparents placards. I say get rid of handicapped parking entirely.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote