Thread: Kayaking
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MileBaylover View Post
I'd suggest Lee's Mills, where you can park and paddle in a few different directions. You'll find it worth the drive to get there.
This is exactly where I was thinking of suggesting. This is a great spot you can paddle down towards greens basin, or off towards Moultonborough Bay....The waterway down to the bay is nice, and there usually isn't much traffic. There are islands to explore around and plenty of scenery. This is great any day of the week.

If you are up for slight more open water adventure, putting in down at the state access at Harrilla landing at the end of long Island is great too. You can paddle over towards little Bear and Devens, and for a good stretch of the legs go even further over to Dow, and on back to Pistol. This of course is more of a weekday paddle for sure.

Bottom line get a map of the lake... Bizer is probably the best. It will show you some access points... Get out there and enjoy...

Now you can also go on over to Squam lake, they have a nice facility to put in at the Squam Lake Association. As well the are preservation areas to go explore.

Mcdude also had some great ideas as well......