View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
trfour

Default It Is A Battle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH View Post
I encountered a major system problem today and gave Peter a call. I'm going to take my PC to him tomorrow for diagnostics. I'm hopeful that he will be successful in fixing my problem and salvaging many of my photos and system backup files stored on an external hard drive. I'll let everyone know how this works out.

We all need to tell our ISP's to get more involved in and protecting their paying customers from security issues out on the net these days.
We are all paying them Good money, ( in fact OutRageously So ) , and they are leaving us all to the Wooleff's, so to speak.

Besides us needing to check out all of the great security sites out on the net every day to keep up with the security issues, and keep our computers up to date with a gazillion patches that come out every Too Infrequently, and may I add, in between and faster than Automatic updates can keep up with.!

Now, If the Internet Providers expect us to do all of the heavy lifting about this issue, We should be payed $60.00 to $100.00 a month!
I do not think that I have to remind anyone that Our Buck in this country has long and since left Our pockets!

I do not know about the rest of you, Wallets are Extinct and Gone the way of the Dinosaur over here. I Do Not carry one any more because I do not have anything left to put in one...

The good news is that purses will always remain in vogue. Listen Up!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote