View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #55
Mee-n-Mac

Default Where to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnowSlide View Post
Restaurants with docks?

Is the marine police cool with cooking with gas grills on the boat? They are all marine set ups. 2 years ago we had a visit by a fire fan boat saying they had a report of smoke coming from our boats. It was kind of funny. We didn't want them to feel like it was a waist of there time and resources so we did what every other boater would do.. Yup.. We fed them.
As far as restaurants ...

In Alton right next to the town docks there's Shibleys. Eat lunch out on the deck overhanging the lake. Other food items are less than a 2 min walk including Pops Clamshack, China Jade and the Dockside. Send any kids to play the short minigolf course (Jays) while you eat.

In Wolfeboro Garwoods has 2 slips of it's own but is just a 2 min walk from the town docks. Again you can eat out overlooking the lake. Right at the town docks is Jo Jo Greens and the Upper Deck and the Wolfeboro Dockside Grille. Across the street is el Centeniro (which I've not tried).

For fine dinner dining I'd have recommend 51 Mill St (in Wolfeboro) but they're now closed. I'm not sure what "on the" lakeside establishment equals them for dinner but if you're staying in Center Harbor then check out Canoe (which does have a shuttle to/from the town docks) and the Coe House though they aren't directly on the water. For that matter Mis en Place (make reservations) in Wolfeboro is a bit of a walk from the docks but the food is top notch.

Meredith has numerous places with mins of their town docks. Personally I like Giuseppes across the street.

As far as gas grilles on the boat(s) go ... they're OK and in abundant usage on the lake.