View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
hazelnut

For the first time ever I am embarrassed to be a member of this forum. Regardless of whether or not the original post was planted, as some of the Grassy Knoll conspiracy theorists on this site think, we have an obligation to roll out the welcome mat to anyone who has the desire to visit our lake and spend $$$.

Those shortsighted agenda driven individuals on this site can not see through their personal views and just keep their mouths shut long enough to extend a welcome. Who knows maybe you just cost a restaurant a $300 tab or a local Marina $500 in gas money? Maybe, maybe not, doesn't matter to you though I'm sure.

People come to this site to read and gain information about the area. Not all who read, post to this site. So now a lurker who may or may not have been considering coming to this lake gets a clear message from narrow minded short sighted individuals who just can't resist the temptation.

Whether you like it or not the Senior Members of this forum are ambassadors to the lake in some small way. So whether it is a kayaker, sailboat or family looking to trailer their 28 foot baja or whatever we should welcome them and their $$$$$$$$$$$.

I guess everyone around here is just rolling in dough and businesses must be just doing killer these days. If I were a small business owner and reader of this site comments made in the thread would piss me of to no end.

BSS, whether or not you were a troll or had legitimate questions I really hope you come and spend money at the lake. You will love it. The lake is friendly and most people, save for a few, will welcome you with open arms no matter what you drive for a boat. The offer stands if you want to PM me I will offer suggestions for trailer parking and good cheap places to stay.

H-Nut
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: