View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
BlackSnowSlide

Default Planning a trip for 5 familys' with boats

I am planning 3 trips this year for a group of friends and we all bring our boats. So far we are all set for Lake George NY for a week. Trip 2 Sabago Lake in Maine for 2 days then hitting Casco bay and Rackliff island for 4 days.

Now planning trip number 3 Lake Winnipesaukee. I have some real concerns about this choice. Please don't anyone take it personally. From what I have been reading it sounds as if Lake Winnipesaukee isn't that friendly to people from out of state.

Concerns I would like to have answered.

Boat ramps seem to be difficult to find and parking is not convenient. According to Bizer, Ames farm is closed as a public boat launch. Is that true? I heard that Merrideth has a public ramp but after a call to the town hall and spoke with someone from the parks department, I could not get any information that would help with planning. When I asked about parking was told... Its marked. Not very helpful.

I have been in contact with the lakes region chamber of commerce to get information on Hotels that have enough parking for large trailers, car washes for cleaning of boats, Gas stations that we would be able to swing through. Restaurants info I was told its on line, put on hold and 10 minutes later I hung up.

I was born and raised in North Conway and I understand time has changed but has it changed that much? Should I continue trying to plan Winni trip or should plan Lake Champlain in VT? I was so jacked up for my trip to my home state but the more I look the more I am finding a do not enter sign. Please guys.. Help me out.
BlackSnowSlide is offline   Reply With Quote