View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #49
Misty Blue

Default What "stuff"?

elchase:

I don't know where you are finding trash, etc. in the Kona area of Braun Bay.

I live on the bay and have a view of the sand bar where those dirty boaters spend so much time. I have an intrest in the bay to say the least.

First the bay, in my opinion, is not overcrowded. Yes I have seen as many as seventy boats up in the bay in the past. There are usually fewer boats than that and they are using the sandbar for six hours a day, two days a week for eight to ten weeks a year. It doesn't seem more busy (traffic wise) than Weirs, Alton, Wolfeboro etc. Boats that are anchored don't scare me. Laws like this one would place "controls" on the bay that are in effect 24/7 from ice out to ice in. What' more, as written, it encompesses the entire bay not just the state land on the north shore.

As for trash. Where are you getting this? We conoe and kayak there all the time and I am shocked at how clean it is! I expect that the people enjoying the area self police themselves well. I have seen people asking others not to wash their boats there because they are playing in the water.

I have hunted in the Kona area my whole life and have only once or twice found human waste (poop) in the area. Same thing goes for cans.

Sorry but I think that this is just a case of a "squeeky wheel" getting the ear of a Rep. who is not up to par on the subject.

Misy Blue
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Misty Blue For This Useful Post: