View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
CC185

Default I can't believe I'm reading this....

I'm usually a very calm person but after reading what may happen in Braun Bay I had to reply. First of all, I am a Winni vacationer and have spent the last four years renting on Bear Is which includes spending time in Braun Bay enjoying the company of fellow boaters. It makes me sick to think that NH legislators would consider a law restricting the number of boats in Braun Bay to, if I understand the proposal, less than ten boats based on four complaints, three from the same person. This insane law would take away one of the only locations to raft boats on Winni that is enjoyed by the boating public. I have never met a group of people that are more pleasent and fun to be around than the people I have met at Braun Bay. Am I missing something here? Less people in Braun Bay means what? I can't see boats from my lake house? You live on a Lake and boating/rafting are part of the life style. The way the proposed bill reads, in my opinion, is vague at best and I agree with the rest of the posts that the bill is unclear. I keep wondering how stupid politicians get in office. I can tell you that if Braun Bay rafting is curtailed my wife and I along with the friends we vacation with will head to another lake. Maybe that is your desire to limit the number of people on the lake. So I pose this question; is this what the good people in Moultonborough want? The property owners will lose income from the rentals, the grocery stores and restraunts will have fewer customers along with the gas stations, corner stores, ice cream shops, etc. I can take my hard earned dollars and spend them elsewhere. WAKE UP PEOPLE!! Maybe I was wrong about NH.........Live Free or Die for the choosen few.